You guys, I was nominated for a blogger award! The Wishin’ Kitchen nominated me for a Liebster Award, and not only is that awesome on its own (hooray! people other than my friends and family read my blog!), I now have a new blog to follow. Cooking her way through Disney movies, this is a girl after my own heart. Anyone who knows me knows my love of Disney movies, and combining that with food is so ingenious I’m a little mad I didn’t think of that myself. Thanks for the recognition Wishin’ Kitchen! Continue reading for more info on this award, and who I’ve nominated.
The Liebster Award isn’t actually a real award, but more a chain of recognition where bloggers nominate other blogs that they love. If nominated here are the rules: (I think the rules vary, but I’m going by what the Wishin’ Kitchen did)
1) Thank the blogger nominating you, linking back to their blog
2) Post the Leisbter award logo in your post
3) Answer the questions posed to you
4) Nominate 5-11 other bloggers with less than 1000 followers you think deserve the award
5) Present them with a list of questions to answer in their blog.
6) Comment on the nominees blog letting them know about the award.
These are the questions posed to me, and my answers:
1. What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod? (A Hilary Duff revival perhaps…)
MmmBop by Hanson
2. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
For most of my life I knew I wanted to be an engineer. But there was a very serious Princess period.
3. What is the most memorable trip you’ve ever taken?
Too many to choose from! (Thailand, Bali, Argentina, Italy)
4. What is your preferred method of transportation and why? (Bike, car, train, plane, scooter, rollerblades, Segway, hanglider…?)
I don’t do it often, but I love taking train trips; you get to nap, read, play games and enjoy the scenery
5. Chocolate or vanilla?
6. What is your favorite crepe filling?
Caramelized bananas that my mother makes!
7. Favorite Disney character?
The duo sidekicks: Cogsworth and Lumiere, Sebastian and Flounder, Timon and Pumba
8. If you could choose any era to time travel back to, when and where would you go?
I’m huge fan of concerts and music festivals, so I think going back for Woodstock would be pretty epic
9. What is your dream car?
Never really thought about a dream car…
10. If you could choose a theme song, what would it be?
Hakuna Matata (I wasn’t kidding about being a Disney fan)
11. Do you have a favorite Disney memory? If so, please share! (Parks, movies, personal experiences… etc.)
Me and both my siblings always had a favorite Disney movie growing up (The Little Mermaid for me, Mulan and The Lion King for my sister and brother), so for a period of time in our lives these movies were on repeat all day, every day (this is not an exaggeration). To the point where most people around us could sing all the songs in their sleep/wanted to kill us for it! Till today, we each claim these movies as our own.
These are the blogs I’m nominating:
101 scoops : I love blogs that follow a project/goal, and this one is an ice cream lovers dream! This blogger is chronicling her way through 101 ice cream recipes, and although it’s still fairly early in the process (14/101), it’s only bound to get better from here. With flavors like banana pudding, strawberry cheesecake and birthday cake, these aren’t your average vanilla/chocolate flavors. Follow along to recreate some of these recipes or to simply drool over the pictures!
The Golden Limoncello : This singer/dancer/songwriters lifestyle blog is organized in the best way ever: different themes for different days. With Culinary Tuesdays, Fashion Wednesday and OCD Thursdays (a mix of DIY projects and organizational tips, I love this!), there’s something for everyone.
Tay & Collective: This blog is fairly new, but I already love the photos posted by this fashion blogger. While she doesn’t feature herself in them (yet?), I love her style and her picks, and this is a great place to get some fashion inspiration through gorgeous photos.
Little Spice Jar: So I’m not sure how many followers this blog has, but I love it too much to not nominate it! This food blog is my new favorite for finding recipes (my garlic cheddar chive scones were from here and I’ve been planning to make her Butter Chicken), and there are recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between. The pictures are so professional looking and finger-licking good, and each post comes with the oh-so convenient option of saving or printing it out so you can easily save them for future use.
CharismaticBaking: I first decided to start blogging mostly as a way to chronicle my love for baking, so any blog also dedicated to baking is an automatic like for me. And these aren’t your basic cakes and cookies, we’re talking madeleins, clafoutis and other fancy-schmancy decadence. I can only hope to elevate my baking to this level soon!
And finally, here are the questions for my fellow nominees. Congrats all!
1. What motivated/inspired you to start your blog?
2. How did you pick your blog name?
3. What are you hoping to achieve out of this blog? (make it a full time profession, just for fun, get recognition, etc)
4. What’s website do you spend most of your time on?
5. Sweet or Savory?
6. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
7. All time favorite movie
8. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
9. What’s one beauty product you can’t live without?
10. Recommend one good book you’ve read recently
11. What’s your favorite season of the year?